Do you hate those days of feeling like your mind is just stuck? The feeling of every blog idea you think of is just not a great post to write about or maybe you just can’t think of anything to write about. Your ideas are just a sinking ship? Believe me, we ALL have those days which is why I am sharing my secrets to finding the inspiration you need to write your next blog post PLUS a huge list of ideas just for you!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
First, TAKE A BREAK
Sometimes what we need is to just take a break. Whether it be for 30 minutes, a day, a week, or maybe even a couple weeks. Take a break but don’t lose sight of your dream during these times. It can be easy to just throw in the towel and say “screw it! I can’t come up with anything else” but what you’re really doing is throwing away your dream and your business. The very thing you have been working so hard for.
Taking a break from your blog idea can clear up your mind and really let more flow through.
Now, let’s get into how to find inspiration for your next blog idea
First, Pinterest is one of the best ways to find inspiration for your next blog idea. One of the best tools to use within Pinterest to find your next blog idea is using Pinterest’s Trends tool.
It is an amazing little tool that is so easy to use. All you have to do type in different ideas and it shows you whether those ideas are trending right now. Make a list and write down which ones are trending the best. Then, write down some ideas on how to make a blog post with those keywords.
Even just by searching your home feed can give you huge amounts of inspiration for your next blog post! Make sure you jot down blog ideas you come up with. Keep these ideas to the side so you can grab it the next time you are in a rut.
Just like in the photo below – this is my Pinterest home feed. On my home feed, I see a pin that says “A Realistic cleaning schedule for working moms”. I can find inspiration within this pin and come up with, ” a cleaning schedule for moms who work from home”. I also see “Ikea Hacks Kids Will Love” which I can pull inspiration from by thinking, “Ikea hacks for organizing kids toys”. Using your home feed can produce some really great blog ideas!
P.S: If you are still struggling to use Pinterest (it is one of the BEST ways to grow your audience! Check out my course that has all of the ins and outs you need to know when it comes to Pinterest and making money online! Grab it here –> Pinterest Marketing Bootcamp 101
Next, Go for a walk (either outside or in your home)
Going for a walk whether it be outside or even inside around your home can help get those ideas flowing. If you have a parenting blog, maybe you will come up with “top 10 ways to keep your kids entertained while you work from home” or if you have a lifestyle blog, maybe you will be walking around your home and find a new makeup brand you tried and think you can write a post about that.
Just taking a walk around can really get those blog ideas flowing. Just remember to jot every idea down for future reference!
Update old posts
Updating old posts can really help ideas start coming in because while you are updating an old post, maybe you reference something and you remembered that you wanted to do a post about it but never got around to it.
Maybe while updating your “grandmas sugar cookie recipe” post, you realize that you also have Grandma’s molasses cookie recipe you could make a blog post on.
Brainstorm different topics
Next, Sitting down and brainstorming different topics can help bring on multiple different blog ideas so let’s say you have a home decor page and your main page has categories such as “DIY Home Decor – Home Decor for the Kitchen – IKEA Home Decor – Home Decor for an office” etc. Look at those categories and brainstorm different ideas you can come up with under each one. Such as “DIY Home Decor” you might find ideas like, “How to cover up those wire shelves in this easy DIY”. Maybe “DIY Fall Decor from the Dollar Tree”. Or, maybe even “DIY Coffee Table PLUS printable instructions!”, etc.
Create a blogging series
A series could be a really fun way to get a few blog posts out there. You could do a series for “FALL crafts for toddlers”. If you are a beauty blogger, you could do a series for “New Fall Look each week”. Create a series that keeps you motivated, a series that you can do for a few weeks at a time and one that will trend well.
Guest posting and/or Sponsored posts
Next, this is such a great one! Having guest posts is a lot of fun and can help add content when you are needing a break or having a blogger brain funk. Guest posting is also a great way of expanding your audience and helping the guest poster expand their audience, it is a win-win for both of you!
Here at The Caffeinated Mom Blog, we are always looking for some guest bloggers! If you are interested, check out the requirements here –> Guest Posting
Scroll through Canva
Now, this might seem like a strange way to find inspiration but its seriously one of the best ways! Look through Canva’s templates and pictures and there are thousands of ideas just waiting to be written.
And, if you haven’t heard of Canva….what rock have you been hiding under?? Canva is one of the BEST blogging tools. Just click the link here –> Canva and be instantly blown away for everything you can do with this amazing simple site!
Lastly, Redo your office space
One of my favorite ways to get inspired is to change up my space. Either by adding a new accessory or a whole new look. It keeps me feeling fresh and more ready to work.
There you have it! What are some ways that help you with staying inspired?
Lastly, let’s get into the HUGE list of blog ideas that will help you in those rut of days!
- How to keep your desk organized
- How to start waking up earlier and being more productive
- Simple ways to feel happier
- Creating “me time” when you never have time for yourself
- How to teach your toddler manners from the start
- Why you should have a “home book” for you whole go-to in an emergency
- Best self-care nightly routine
- Top date night ideas for new parents
- Best bookclubs to join for moms
- [ ] podcasts to make you feel like a badass
- Best [season] looks of [year]
- How to talk to your partner about sex (fun side note: I have a post on this here –> Couples who talk about sex)
- The best ways to feel more relaxed after a long day
- Best habits to have in your life
- Best snacks for toddlers
If you need help getting your blog up and running, check out my Blogging Bootcamp 101!
- How to create a blog
- How to improve your handwriting
- Self-Care Sunday tips
- Tips and tricks for picky eaters
- Cleaning tips & hacks
- Best kitchen organization tools
- How to write a killer About Me page
- Best interviewing tips of 
- How to manage your finances right after high school
- Healthy overnight oats
- The best amazon products you need for the [season]
- Hands down the best sugar cookie recipe
- Affirmations to tell yourself every morning
- How to handle different love languages in your marriage
- Best books to read as a stepmom
- Different types of step parenting
- Teaching your children self-love
- Best chores for a [ ] year old
- Spring Cleaning to-do list
- How to potty train your [ ] year old
- Breastfeeding tips and tricks
- What niche are you?
Want to join my Facebook group? Check it out here –> Blogging Guest Posts & Engagement Another way to gain inspiration when you are in a rut!
- Bachelorette must haves for the best Bachelorette party
- Kick soda out of your life with these simple steps
- How to parent with a narcissist
- How to know it is time to let go and move on
- What I learned during my grief process
- To-do lists to start being more productive
- How to stop being a helicopter parent
- The most common mistakes when blogging
- The best way to celebrate your 21st birthday
- How to save [$] in [ ] days/weeks/months
- Top 3 pages you need on your blog
- How to have the birds and the bees conversation
- Goals for the next month
- Best places to visit when in [ ]
- Best hiking trails in [ ]
- How to prepare for Mondays
- Where to find the best deals on baby items
- Breastfeeding must haves
- How to prepare to be a single parent
- Learn how to co-parent when there are ill feelings
- How to turn setbacks into stepping stones
- (#) Afirmations for entrepreneurs
- How to move across country
- How to be a military spouse
- Family friendly dinners
- How to take full advantage of Disney World when visiting
- Creating self-love for yourself
- How to talk about money in a marriage
- Why you should keep finances separate after marriage
- (season) home decor favorites
- Best gifts for men this holiday
- Work from home tips and tricks
- Cricut machine must haves
- How to open an Etsy shop and make your first sale
- How to use TikTok for your business
- Creating a mood board
- How to keep the romance alive after kids
- Dealing with the empty nest syndrome
- How to create a business plan
- The best skin care routine for [ ] years and older
- My top beauty brands
- How to ditch the home and live in an RV full-time
- How to land that remote job
- Best side hustles for moms
- When to buy your child a cell phone
- How to be an involved parent
- Best monthly subscription boxes
- Best gym routine when just starting out
- How I lost [ ] lbs in 6 months
- No diet tricks and tips
- What to order from a fast food joint when you want to eat healthy
- How to appreciate your body after birth
- Top [ ] reasons to have a birth plan & what to have on it
- Top 5 favorite [ ]
- Amazon finds that blew me away
- DIY holiday wreath
- How to style your mom jeans
- Recover from the winter blues
- How to keep kids active during the winter
- Best books for kids ages [ ]
- How to teach your toddler to read
- Traveling with kids
- How to get amazing deals on your flights and hotels
- Best restaurants in the [ ] area
- Top places you need to have on your bucket list
- Creating a marriage bucket list
- Creating a mental health bucket list
- The most livable cities
- How to redo your home on a budget
- Are your kids ready for a pet?
- How to get your toddler out of diapers
- Healthy breakfasts the whole family will love
- How to ditch the 9-5 job
- How to be a Virtual Assistant
- Best family cars of [ ]
- Bento lunches for kids to take to school
- Best themes for your child’s birthday
- How to break free from your phone
- How to focus on your family after work
- Best entrepreneur work
- How to create a schedule when you own your own business
- How to create renter friendly updates
- Everything you need to know about buying your first home
- The best journal prompts after a stressful day
- How to create a logo yourself
- Creating a cleaning to-do list
- How to feel like an accomplished stay at home mom/parent
Resources to help get you started with Blogging and Pinterest! Take full advantage of these courses and start earning a full-time income right away!
Just click the image below to get started with
Blogging Bootcamp 101 and Pinterest Marketing Bootcamp 101 🙂
Deanna | Life By Deanna says
The canva tip is so good!! I’ve never thought about that before!
Will save this post because there are some really great suggestions here 😁