This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
This Jalapeno Popper Chicken is by far one of our favorite dishes! My husband and I are all about spicy and this one is just the right amount of heat.
This was one of the dinners where neither one of us wanted to get dressed and go out to the store, mainly because the feel like temperature was only 32°F (yes… in beginning of October!) and we had the fireplace on and all cozy in our pajamas already. We were debating on whether we should just order something but every time we have those thoughts, we remind ourselves “we have a wedding!” and that was motivation enough to come up with something we can make from what we had on hand.
One of the best parts of this dish is that almost everything is always on hand in every pantry and fridge. It’s great! We always have organic chicken in the fridge or freezer and always have fresh jalapenos so whipping up something is usually pretty easy if you can find something to either go on top, inside or next to it!
The flavor combo with the seasoned crust and the delicious filling goes perfectly together, and the best part, you can customize it however you want and with whatever you have in your spice cabinet! We are obsessed with Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Mix and it is SALT-FREE. We use this seasoning on everything. We put it in our taco seasoning, on top of steak, chicken, pork, veggies, literally anything and everything!
Since we are on this new healthy lifestyle, we have been trying to limit our salt intake as much as possible and that is why Mrs. Dash seasonings are always a go to. All of them are salt free and all of them are delicious and packed full of flavor!
MMM. Go ahead and make your taste buds explode with this one!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 3 Chicken Breasts (sliced 3/4 of the way through)
- Olive Oil (enough for a 3in deep pan with the oil about 1/2 inch deep)
- 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
- 2 or 3 fresh jalapenos (depending on how much heat you prefer) or 8oz can of hot jalapenos diced (you can even pour a tbsp of the jalapeno juice in to give it more of a kick!)
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning (optional for more heat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, diced jalapeno and cheddar cheese and mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast 3/4 of the way through and spoon the jalapeno filling inside (about quarter of an inch thick), then fold the other half of the chicken breast back over
- Place the stuffed chicken in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to get the filling to harden a tiny bit
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine panko crumbs, breadcrumbs, garlic salt, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning
- Dip the stuffed chicken, coating each side, in the egg bowl then coat each side with flour. Once more, coat each side in the egg bowl and immediately place in the breadcrumb mixture until each chicken breast is completely covered
- Place the breaded chicken breasts in the fridge for 30 minutes
- During the last 5 minutes, heat the oil on medium-low heat until small bubbles appear on the bottom of the pan
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place each chicken breast in the pan and cook 4 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown
- Bake for 20 to 40 minutes depending on thickness of chicken until the chicken reaches 175°. Top with a tiny bit of parsley.
* Add any extra seasonings you want! Customize it to your heart’s desire!
* Goes fantastic with mixed veggies, baby red potatoes or chicken rice! Anything!
The Caffeinated Mom
Leave a Reply